Anyone can write to any of the 3 credit bureaus (Transuinion, Equifax, Experian). you can write down an email, by post or you can call them on their help line. they are always ready to help people in as quick as possible. If you are writing to them, you need to make sure that your personal information is safe and no body except the official people can see it.
Before writing down to Credit bueaus , you will need at least
1. Credit Bureaus Addresses.
2. Your file number, Account information, or any reference number.
To help you out, here are the 3 addresses of all 3 bureaus.
Credit Report Bureaus Postal details :
Equifax, P. O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 30374;
TransUnion, LLC, P. O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19022.
Experian, P. O. Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013
- Next thing to do is, you need to clearly mention the reason you are writing this letter to credit bureau. Do not repeat any statement to emphasis on a particular point. Write clear and straight to point. so that it can be taken in to consideration rather than beating around the bushes.
- You need to mention in detail especially what you want them to do in order to resolve this problem of yours. mention all the reference numbers or account numbers of the creditors and ask them to remove your name from their list on the basis of the proof that you will send along with this letter.
- Sign this letter with your full name, postal address and telephone number with all of your details. Mention the Social security number at the bottom with the case number or any reference number attached to this issue.
- Do not send this letter as normal post, Always pay some penies extra and make it a first class post to credit bureau. or other option would be to send it as registered post and ask for the return reciept to verify that bureau as recieved your letter.