* Install a computer with an Internet connection along with a printer. If you don’t have a computer at your home, you can use your friend’s or any family member’s computer or or go to some Internet café.
* Open the Annual Credit Report website. Look for the “Resources” section which has the link. This link takes you directly to the site. This is the only available website supported by the federal government which provides free credit reports.
* At the time you are on the site, you will find an option, "Start here to view and print your credit report now." A drop down menu appears in which you have to choose your state an then click on the "Request Report" button.
* Fill in all the information asked in the form. Here you need to provide your name, date of birth, Social Security Number, current address and also your previous addressif you are reciding at your current address for two years or less. Once your details are filled completely click on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
* For the verification of your Identity, you will be asked to give details regarding loan or credit information. E.g., you may be asked to give the details about how much you pay for your car loan. Click the “Continue” button at the bottoma of the page after completing your verification. To receive your report choose one of the three credit reporting agencies.When you select the agency it will take tou to your credit report. For your own convenience you should take a print out of your report and keepa acopy of the same for your records.
* To order a copy of your credit report call the Annual Credit Report Request Service at 1-877-322-8228.
In order to verify your identity you have to provide correct requested personal information such as your name, date of birth, Social Security Number, current address and a former address if you have lived at your current address for less than two years. Some questions regarding your finances may also be asked.
Within 2 to 3 weeks you will receive your free credit report in the mail to your current address.
From the Annual Credit Report website download the free credit report "Request Form". A link is provided in the Resources section below to download the request form. To download the Form click on the link “Request Form” under the heading "To Request your Credit Report by Mail". Click on the “Save” option on the pop-up dialog box.This will download the form on your computer. The Form should automatically open as soon as the download is complete.
Fill the Form and take a print out. Here you will be asked provide your name, date of birth, Social Security Number, current address and a previous address if you have lived at your current address for less than two years. You also have the choice to decide the credit reporting agency to get the report form. Shade the credit reporting agency in the circle provided which you have choosen.
At the end you need to mail your completed credit report request form to the following address :
Annual Credit Report Request Service,
P.O. Box 105281,
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281 Within 2 to 3 weeks you will receive your free credit report.